Raffles Infrastructure is principally engaged in the infrastructure investment in Asia, having successfully secured large-scale roadway and railway projects and established close working relationships with numerous SOEs and government bodies
2QFY2020 Results Announcement
15 Feb (Est)
13 Dec 19
14 Nov 19
16 Oct 19
3 Oct 19
29 Aug 19
13 Aug 19
- Proxy to the region’s infrastructure development. RI’s involvement in reputable mega projects such as Dengfeng City railway is expected to raise the profile of the Group, strengthening its track record for future projects bidding, as it explores other parts of Asia such as Vietnam and Bangladesh for investment opportunities.
- Current market cap ≈ money raised in recent placement. In Sep 18, RI successfully raised about S$30m from a share placement to investors at S$0.60/share, including strategic major shareholder, state owned enterprise, China Capital Group.
- Trading at 5.7x PE following strong earnings turnaround. With maiden contributions from the infrastructure segment (5 of the 26 land parcels delivered for Xingwen project), RI is trading at an attractive PE of 5.7x based on FY2019 earnings. The group is expected to recognise the rest of the revenue from the Xingwen County Project in FY20.
- “Guaranteed Profit”. With a projected return* over the amortized cost of construction, RI is expected to earn a “guaranteed” profit as long as it manages its project financing well.
- Low customer credit risk with stable cashflow contribution for the next 10 years. Based on the agreement for Xingwen County project, the local authorities will underwrite the payment of the project, providing the group with a stable stream of cash flow over the next 10 years.
*projected return based on 8.8%/year over the amortized cost of construction over a 10 years period
|Market Cap (SGDm)||24|
|Earnings Release Date (Est)||15/02/2020|
|52 wk high/low||0.50/0.190|
|YTD % change||+9%|
|Free Float %||36%|
|Net Profit (S$ m)||-0.6||5.0|
|Return on Equity||–||13.5%|
|Net D/E||–||Net cash|
|Est Dividend Yield||–||N/A|
*FY2019 covers a period of 18 months from 1 Jan 2018 to 30 June 2019, following a change in financial year from 31 Dec to 30 June.
Inability to secure new projects, global economic slowdown